Tweaking the design of the wiki

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Dec 4 16:04:51 UTC 2006

O/H Patrick W. Barnes έγραψε:
>> When is the update scheduled? If we do need to tweak the code to make the
>> wiki more usable, we should. Of course, we should do it in a way that we
>> can apply it for every update.
>
> It is actively being worked on right now.  A test site is already up and
> running, and it won't take long for the team that's handling it to work out
> the last few problems.

Patrick,

since most of the CSS changes were positively commented, wouldn't it be a good
idea to include the custom CSS in the upgrade before announcing it?

It would also be great if the team could publish on the list it's progress so
that the whole websites-list could participate or give constructive comments.
The more open the process, the better, right? :)

>> We might need some more changes, like putting a <div> around the table of
>> contents to manipulate it through CSS.
>>

> That would require patching the MoinMoin core.  Changes like that should be
> submitted upstream and given a chance to filter down, because we really don't
> want to commit to that sort of maintenance.

Keeping things posted upstream is great and very important. But, we are a big
project and have many and special requirements; some of them are so special (eg.
have a banner on the right-hand menu for the Mentors program) that might require
coding that doesn't fit to the upstream.

Anyway, this is a very special discussion that doesn't have a black-or-white
answer, but only a rule-of-thumb: The more the upstream, the better. :)

BTW, the TOC-stylesheet thing appears to be implemented in 1.5/1.6, no?

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinPatch/AlterTableOfContentsAppearanceWithStyleSheet

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos