Wiki Migration

Paulo Santos paulo.banon at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 8 23:00:05 UTC 2006

Hi Dimitri,

First of all thanks for the feedback.
Some explanations below...

On 12/8/06, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:

> O/H Paulo Santos έγραψε:
> > This is a testing environment with the original fedoraproject.org
> > <http://fedoraproject.org> data from 8th of November 2006. [...]
>
> Hi Paulo,
>
> first of all, great job with the upgrade. Here are some comments:
>
> 1. Can we enable the definition syntax (term :: definition)? It's an
> important
> syntax in HTML and used very often throughout the wiki.

Cool, let me check how to enable this and i'll do it. (probably only monday
though)

2. We could use the CardMacro feature. But this might need some discussion.

I liked what i saw with CardMacro, but thats just me. You guys are the ones
that gonna use it more often, so please discuss it and let me know what you
need from my side. I'm here to help you all :)

3. I've noticed that during a page editing the "Preview" buttons are only on
> top of the editbox. Is there a switch to enable their presence below the
> box
> too, since there is the place 99% of the users will expect it to be?

About the preview buttons, i have no idea if this is supposed to be like
this or not. I'll drop some questions to the guys at #moin, and then i'll
give you an answer on this subject.

4. BTW, during a page edit subimt, the following error occured:

>     Status of sending notification mails:
>     [en] ThomasChung, ThorstenLeemhuis, RahulSundaram, PatrickBarnes:
> {u'tchung at fedoraproject.org': (554, ': Recipient address rejected: Relay
> access
> denied'), u'nman64 at fedoraproject.org': (554, ': Recipient address
> rejected:
> Relay access denied'), u'sundaram at redhat.com': (554, ': Recipient address
> rejected: Relay access denied'), u'fedora at leemhuis.info': (554, ':
> Recipient
> address rejected: Relay access denied')}

Right now this is supposed to be like this. Why? simple answer. I have the
wiki setup to use the same smtp as in fp.o (duke). Our firewalls dont allow
a straight connection to fpserv.fp.o:25 which means no notifications mails.
I dont want to setup this correctly, so that everyone on that mailing list
don't keep receiving emails about something still on testing. I'm not saying
we shouldn't testing this, just stating that i would prefer not to do it
right now. Why not leave this to the last few testings...

> Karsten:
> > If you guys want to test the new CSS, just let me know where it is and
> > i'll add a similar Kindofblue template, and replace the appropriate
> > stylesheets for your testing.
>
> The CSS additions that work on top of the current theme; you just need to
> import
> this CSS as well. Here is the current version:
>
>   http://dimitris.glezos.com/box/foss/fedora/custom.css
>
> Some further additions are planned in the near future. I would like to
> work more
> on the h1, probably the tables, create some custom stuff that people could
> use
> just by adding the related CSS "class".

Let's do it like this. I'll 'create' a theme called 'newKindofblue' with the
new CSS, whenever you want it updated just let me know with the url of the
new CSS and i'll update this new theme. You would like this theme to be
enforced on the testing wiki ?!

Paulo, thanks for the notices, explanations and all.

My pleasure :)

-d

Paulo