Fw: Draft: Marketing Wiki Page

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Thu Feb 9 23:16:11 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 February 2006 14:53, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> > Is that logo official?
> >
> > Anyway, I don't see why we need the page to be redesigned so much? It
> > just clutters up the page.
>
> its only to give it another look and feel :)
>
> --
> http://clunixchit.blogspot.com

Just because we can do a thing, it does not follow that we must do that thing.

We do need to avoid clutter, and the proper way to handle the layout of the
site is to limit page-specific layouts and use CSS wherever possible.
There's no sense in increasing maintenance overhead for little or no gain.

We already have some more pressing matters that need to be handled with regard
to the site layout, but we are likely to be upgrading the site to a new
MoinMoin release soon, so it doesn't make sense to start making large
modifications right now.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and hope that you'll be willing to apply your
ideas going forward, but now isn't the time, and this isn't the method.  For
now, wait until we've got the wiki upgraded and our CMS up, then we'll work
together to update the site's appearance as we see fit.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/