pt_BR translations on the wiki, and more

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Feb 12 15:59:27 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 18:49 -0200, Hugo Cisneiros wrote:
> Karsten Wade wrote:

> > For example:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SexCitationsTecken
>
> "Funny" example :)
> I didn't understand a word that is in the page, but I got it what you said.

Sorry, I should have explained this better anyway.  The appearance of
the characters "Sex" _seems_ to correspond to the English word spelled
the same way, but I have no idea what it means.  Google doesn't have a
translation tool.  In this case, it seems to be a common Wiki file.  But
I don't know the source language, and if page appeared in another
language with a word that _seemed_ to mean something in English, I might
wonder if the page had been defaced.

> - Is the english translation for another language content necessary?
> Everything should be "synced" in an English version? And why?

This is something the group needs to decide:

i)  Does this formal website translate all content into and from all
languages?

Or

ii) Does it allow there to be a growing body of language-specific
content?

> - Is there a place where these forbidden items (like the mp3 case) are
> listed? I think this is good not only for this issue, but for all
> contributors too.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject