Topic Names in Wiki Translations

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Thu Feb 16 11:24:42 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 16.02.2006, 04:17 -0600 schrieb Patrick Barnes:
>>Long-term, it would be nice to make translations more accessible.
>>Auto-detection of existing translations to provide links only when a
>>translation is available would be nice.
>

> Well, I don't know much about this stuff -- but I think that
> auto-detection for translations is probably going to get messy when the
> translated pages start to use other (e.g. translated) page names.  Or am
> I wrong here?

Agreed. We need to define a standard. If the translated pages are to be
accessible with this auto-detection, the translators must use the same
topic names as the english name. If not, we will need other solution.

--
[]'s
Eitch

http://www.devin.com.br/eitch/
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds