tidy up

Bela Pesics bela.pesics at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 07:53:50 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 11:34 -0600, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 February 2006 03:07, Bela Pesics wrote:
> > > This is not intended to criticize anyones work but what is desirable in
> > > future?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Bela
> >
> > Part of the reason there are so many different sites is that most of them are
> > community sites, not maintained by the Fedora Project.  At the moment, the
> > two official sites are fedoraproject.org and fedora.redhat.com.
>
> And let's be honest about this.
>
> Those sites are providing a service that we cannot provide.  They are
> more valuable to the user community as community run projects.
>
> If we ran them or more formally sanctioned them by redirecting from our
> domain, Fedora could be seen/held responsible for the content of those
> sites.

What if fedora has 20 fedora forums and faqs, just because in 2010 it
will be fashionable to make your own fedorawhatever site and you as
fedoraproject can not stop falling the hard grown content apart to
zillion pieces? Yes ofcourse the same persons should be responsible
for maintaining a fedoraproject forum, unless they there is a special
reason for separatation. IMO there should not be a reason for this,
and that's bad that there is now.