fedora.redhat.com

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Fri May 5 00:21:34 UTC 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 19:06, "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> In order to do this properly, we need a workflow in Plone that supports
> "promotion."  We want people to be able to draft documents on the CMS
> (like they currently do on the Wiki) in a dynamic way that supports
> team-based community collaboration, and allows approved documents to be
> promoted to official status, built into tarballs/HTML/PDF using
> appropriate tools, etc.

Plone has built-in workflow support.  We can easily expand upon it to foster
group collaboration and the desired workflow states and transitions.  We
will, however, have to work out the tools.  Pages on Plone are generally
created in (X)HTML, and so we could use common tools to handle the pages.  We
just have to work out how to handle automation.  I can imagine several
different ways to approach the issue.  We'll just have to figure out what
works best and make it happen.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com