fc5 dvd on d.f.r.c

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 11 20:39:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 16:27 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> two questions:
>
> download.fedora.redhat.com
> redhat.download.fedoraproject.org
>
> 1.  These point to the same IP address.  Why do they look different?  Can
> we streamline that?

They are streamlined as far as mirror access from yum is concerned. The
user visible differences is just in the web interface and this is
because of the transition from the former to the latter.

> 2.  If I follow either of those links to:
>  	/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/iso/
> there's no DVD ISO.  Is that intentional?  The DVD is still available on
> mirrors.
>
> I've been hearing some confusion from folks looking for the DVD there, and
> I've been directing them to a mirror.  I was wondering if there's a reason
> why we have no DVD up on our official download site.

Actually we do

ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/iso/

Its just that the Apache version running on our main site has a bug that
doesnt display files over 2 GB and so the DVD image doesnt get displayed
but you can still access it if you know the filename. The FTP equivalent
doesnt hit this Apache bug and you will able to see the file in the link
above.

Rahul