Tweaking the design of the wiki

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 17:55:56 UTC 2006

> On Wednesday 22 November 2006 10:15, Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
> > My one suggestion would be to keep the original default font size.  I've
> > not heard any complaints about the font size in the past, and increasing it
> > could break some of the less-proper design elements used in the wiki and
> > wouldn't allow as much information to fit on any given screen.
>
> Well I usually have to bump up the text size when I read wiki pages.  Maybe my
> eyes are too sucky and my resolution too great, but I always find the default
> wiki font sizes to be too small and I bump them.

I absolutely agree.  With the resolution on affordable monitors and LCD
panels increasing, these tiny fonts are definitely hard to read.  I use
a user CSS page to fix that problem, but requiring new users to do that
is silly.  A better solution would be a cookie and at least a simple
"small, medium, large" selector on the screen.