Art Gallery and Plone Issues

Jonathan Steffan jonathansteffan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 17:21:58 UTC 2006

Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:

>>> What is the question here?  This is the first I've heard about this.
>>> AFAIC, the issue of "do we need a CMS" is long ago settled.
>>>
>> Yeah, that's news to me too.  We on Docs team definitely need it, we
>> just don't have anyone in our subproject who can make it do the things
>> we want.  A glance at the archives will show up several instances where
>> I asked for help with this, but I'm sure it's not as high a priority as
>> other things like the buildsystem.  I even tried to get some personnel
>> resources from outside the Red Hat walls -- a contributor who I met at
>> the Summit who said he had a person with the requisite skills.  No word
>> back, so I suppose I should try him again.
>>
>> It's one thing to simply install a CMS and put it on a web server.  We
>> have lots of people who can do that.  It's quite another to actually USE
>> one effectively to build a workflow and deploy the tools contributors
>> need.
>>

> +1. The CMS installation's priority should definitely be increased. As Paul
> said, we on docs team definitely need it.
>
> It may require a considerable amount of work, but it's a "do it once, enjoy it's
> fruits for a long time" work.
>
> -dim

I run the Fedora Unity zope/plone stuff. I have offered my help but have
never gotten access to the ZMI and/or made any progress on expressing
Fedora Unity has already learned many lessons about using Plone and what
*not* to do. I also have been working to package plone-ldap which would
be all that is needed to get Plone 2.5 with PAS authenticating from
LDAP. For example, the Fedora Unity sites use Fedora Directory Server
and I set that up. The systems are not yet packaged.. but need to be. I
offer my help and experience.

Jonathan Steffan