Moin question

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 12:39:47 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 07:57 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> Therefore ....
>
> 1. Send an announcement (f-announce-l) that we are doing an account
> audit and cleaning:
>   * All account without watches and/or edit privs will be removed
>   * The UserName shall be purged, so it is available again later
>   * Link to page with more explanation.
> 2. Can we post for ... 24 hours?  48 hours? a short announcement
> everywhere on the Wiki?  Change the theme or something so there is a
> notice that points to a page explaining the above.
>
> Otherwise, sounds like a wise idea to me.

Can I be a stick in the mud for a sec, and suggest that we send the
email straight to the recipients?  I know list posting is faster and
easier, but I fear we are relying on f-announce-l for things that should
be handled personally with account-holders.  The reply-to should be set
to a bit-bucket, with a statement to that effect in an end note.

Many of these 9,000+ accounts are obviously going to be from people who
aren't subscribed to f-announce-l, and therefore we aren't really
playing nice by announcing there.  When my account changes with any Web
presence, they send me a "personal" email; we should do the same.