Plone and static content

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 24 20:43:53 UTC 2007

On 4/24/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> So Fedora is starting to mature a bit more in size and I wanted to get
> this ball rolling.
>
> Since fedora.redhat.com is now gone the wiki is our official content
> site.  There's a couple problems with that, performance is an issue and
> most content on the wiki is developer oriented.  One thing we're working
> on right now for the F7 release is a simple plone instance for the
> fedoraproject.org landing page.  Note, the wiki isn't going away, but
> when users go to fedoraproject.org they'll see more end-user content.
>
> My question for you guys is, once FAS2 is done and we get into having
> more 'official content'.  What do you guys want to do with a plone
> site?  The doc's guys will have their own site.  Is anyone interested in
> this project?  The idea is that the 'official' fedora site will be very
> small.  Having only minimal information for end users and potential
> contributors.  It would then link to the larger sites like the wiki.
>
> Thoughts?
>
>     -Mike

Hi Mike,
Can we see the site in development yet?
I've been thinking we could use the plone site for
news/communication/marketing site for fedora end-users. Of course a
plenty of distribution/project information should be available which
lead to joining various Fedora Projects including developments and
testings.
Regards,
--
Thomas Chung