static page for F7 release, new directions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 25 23:54:47 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 18:37 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
>> Excellent, I'd like to get this out there soon so that it can be google
>> indexed and such before the release.  I think initially we may want to
>> reference the wiki directly.  Just because so many have come to know
>> it.
>
> You mean for the permanent front page redesign, reference the Wiki
> directly? Perhaps so.  It is a bit out of place without referencing
> other sources as I did in the mock-up.
>
> /me just fixed something in the image and reuploaded, is thus satisfied
> for the moment

The end user vs developer difference might be a bit too blurred at times
in Fedora. It is better to have a good overview page that in turn shows
the benefits for both end users and developers maybe under different
sections.

One less link!

Also do we really need a "We won't support you" sort of disclaimer. It
sounds negative. It would be better to just say Red Hat sponsored and
community supported instead.

Rahul