Fedora LiveCD ISOs

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 3 18:03:07 UTC 2007

Matthew Curry wrote:
> Would it truly be a LiveCD (as opposed to LiveDVD) if it doesn't fit on
> a CD?  :)  It was that semi-misnomer that made me assume I could burn it
> to a CD in the first place.  Of course, I didn't check the size before I
> started, and only discovered it when I tried to burn.

It would be misnomer definitely which is why we never call it a Live CD
anywhere in our content. We have called them Live images and the FAQ I
pointed out has the sizes listed and the reasons why they differ in
sizes. I am sorry if something misled you otherwise. Point it out and we
will fix it,

> The reason this matters is because I was burning the CD for the x64
> machine on an older machine with only CD-RW, because the x64 machine has
> no operating system...

You can do a network or hard disk based installation with the small
boot/rescue images. Check out the installation guide at
http://docs.fedoraproject.org for details.

Rahul