Requrest for editing fedora.css

Craig Thomas bicycle.nutz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:40:58 UTC 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 9:30 AM, Ricky Zhou <ricky at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 2007-12-13 10:10:23 PM, Makoto Mizukami wrote:
> > I'm translator of fedoraproject.org website.
> > During translating, I realized that the reason why "Install DVD" in Japanese split into 2 rows is because of "width" parameter in "fedora.css".
> > This is from fedora.css, line 394-399.
> > -----
> > .downloadbox li
> > {
> > width: 26ex;
> > float: left;
> > padding: 0 0 2ex;
> > }
> > -----
> > According my test, when I set "width" 30ex, Japanese "Inatall DVD" was displayed in a row.
> > And I also found that same thing("Install DVD" in 2 rows) happens in the other languages, example French.
> > I strongly desire to set this "witdh" parameter to the number larger than 26.
> Hmm, I actually had quite some pain in choosing this width, because I
> was trying to force it to display well in 800x600.  What you think about
> the tradeoff of displaying well in this resolution?  Is it something
> that we should still be pushing for now?

In 800x600 browser window[0], changing the 26ex to 30ex looks OK to
me. It seems to drop the Direct Download links to below (but still
aligned with) the bittorent links for those $LANGs that experience the
problem reported.  Other $LANGs seem to work just fine, albeit with
slightly more space between the two columns :)  And the change does
improve the look of problem LANGs for wider resolutions, no doubt.

+1 for the change

--
Craig

[0] I was only able to check in a reduced sized FF window , my X cried
when I tried 800x600...doh!