Some more common wiki elements

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Wed Jul 4 16:18:25 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai, 3. heinäkuu 2007
20:08:42):
> On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 12:25 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> > I've added some common wiki stuff, like message boxes etc, on:
> >
> >   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiElements
> >
> > A link to this page HelpOnEditing [1] would be useful; someone with
> > enough privileges will need to do it.
> >
> > -d
> >

> > [1]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpOnEditing
>
> Isn't that an upstream-provided page?  Won't any changes made there go
> away with the next upgrade?
>
> WikiEditing is probably another good place to put it.

If I understand the Moin underlay system correctly, the changes made to system
pages won't be overwritten in an upgrade. See http://moinmo.in/UnderlayPages

But if the system pages are edited, then "Problem 1" from that Moin page
should be adressed somehow. That is, if there are edited versions of system
pages, they may "hide" updated upstream versions of the same pages.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio
vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi