webmaster at fedoraproject.org

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Jul 12 21:56:55 UTC 2007

Thomas Chung wrote:
> On 7/12/07, Ricky Zhou <ricky at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> As mentioned in
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2007-July/msg00003.html,
>>
>> the Infrastructure team has recently switched ticketing systems from
>> OTRS to Trac (previously, webmaster at fedoraproject.org went to OTRS),
>> which means that we need a new place for website requests.  Right now, a
>> FAS account is required to submit a ticket to Trac, so this may not fit
>> our needs exactly.  Does anybody have any suggestions for how we should
>> handle website tickets (hopefully somewhat spam-resistant, unlike OTRS)?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ricky
>
> Looking aliases in lockbox, webmaster is still pointing to otrs.
> I'm not sure how and where to point to with new ticketing system.
> Mike?
>
> # OTRS - ticketing system
> voting: otrs
> webmaster: otrs
> tickets: otrs
> logo: otrs

Thats what we're trying to decide.  In general I'd prefer not to have
the webmaster at fp.org go to any ticketing system.  One of the reasons the
previous system failed was because of the spam to actual ratio.  We've
talked about having all webmaster at fp.o mail bounce with a message saying
to use a ticketing system.  But even then it requires an FAS account.

There actually is a way to allow trac to do anonymous ticket creation.
Is anyone here interested in having webmaster at fp.o go to them?

    -Mike