Fedora Public GPG key

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 19:36:19 UTC 2007

> Hi
>
> $subject should be prominently listed somewhere in a link under Security
> or some such as we used to do in fedora.redhat.com. This is good for
> security conscious folks. Can someone take care of that?

Side-topic -- where are we with a formalized steering committee and
Websites team?

Personally, I like to see *discussion* of ideas on mailing lists, and
*requests* made in a tracking system.  Maybe Websites can use a queue in
admin.fp.o/tickets?

See, there is an idea to discuss.

Because I see nothing to discuss in Rahul's idea.  It makes perfect
sense to anyone, so what is the shortest path from such ideas to
implementation?

> Maybe link to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Security for good measure.

Now, here's another idea to discuss. :)

I know we need to get Plone up before we can start using actually
permanent URLs.  For example, the content in that page is not really a
project page, it's more canonical about Fedora security response.  The
entirely needs to be managed by the CMS and hosted at e.g. fp.o/security
or /security-response or something.

Question is, can we begin creating our permanent URL structure *now*?
Not for every URL, just the ones that are very obviously part of the CMS
structure, like a "location for all GPG keys to be available" or
"security response details" page.

Now, why did I hijack Rahul's thread with this side-topic?  Because I
don't want to see yet another "someone take(s) care of that" that is yet
another one-off we have to manage going forward.  If we are going to
have to create Apache rewrite rules, which is better:

1. Create some now that redirect e.g. fp.o/security-response to
fp.o/wiki/Security, then remove them with the content permanently
migrates to the new URL?

or

2. Create more rules that redirect from fp.o/wiki/Security to
fp.o/security-response only after Plone has that content in place,
meaning the Apache rules have to stick around for
$A_REALLY_LONG_TIME_PERIOD because one thing the Internets do very well
is "Never Forget".

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project