FedoraMainGroup

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Sat Jun 2 20:32:05 UTC 2007

Op zondag 03-06-2007 om 01:49 uur [tijdzone +0530], schreef Rahul
Sundaram:
> Thomas Chung wrote:
> > On 6/2/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> >> I might have missed something, when/why did we setup a FedoraMainGroup.
> >> Were we having issues?
> >>
> >>     -Mike
> >
> > In the past, we had an issue with new users/contributors adding stuff
> > and changing things around in our *FedoraMain* page without discussing
> > in the list. So I took an initiative to add acl with
> > FedoraMainGroup[1]. Most of them are active project contributors
> > including active websites team and ambassadors team. I hope you all
> > agree with me since this is our *Face* for Fedora Project. :)
> >

> Well not anymore since we have static html pages. We should think about
> redesigning the front page in the wiki though I dont any solid ideas on
> where it should be focusing on.
>
> Rahul

I'm just identifying some ideas, don't really know what to do with it
aswell:

1. move the main Projects page up to the frontpage, creating a "dive
into Fedora" feeling

2. move the main Join page up, so we can give people some directions (or
just add the 6 icons and link to the Join-page)

3. let FWN use this, so people get the news on every Fedora project, by
going to the frontpage of the wiki (latest issue gets promoted to the
frontpage)

4. Do a combination of some of the above (FWN + with each different
topic the relevant join-icons, ...)

Maybe we should consider what the use of the wiki will be from now on?
As Plone is coming, I can imagine it being the number 1 spot for all the
project-related information. Then again I could be utterly wrong.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Bart

--
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93