What Fedora's website SHOULD look like

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 00:31:32 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Not really a redesign. Just seems to be a color change but if folks are
> enthusiastic we should be inviting them to contribute.
>
> http://digg.com/design/What_Fedora_s_website_SHOULD_look_like_PIC
>
> "Fedora is a GREAT Linux operating system. Why can't they have a site
> that shows off what they are good at. The design. Here is my attempt at
> a redesign. Maybe someone important will see this and we can make it
> happen."

Someone posted this in IRC earlier. I think it looks good on the surface
and the creator obviously has an incredible amount of talent.

The only thing that struck me about this design is that the theme for
Fedora 7 is "Reach higher" and the style of the page is dark and with
the blue reflection in the upper right looks like it's underwater maybe.
But that dark style is popular these days. The logo modifications
probably wouldn't be kosher with our logo guidelines either but they
look super slick.

I wonder if it was done using inkscape and/or gimp? I would love to see
the artist participating here and on the art team!

~m