Bugzilla page for Fedora bugs

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 14:32:47 UTC 2007

Hi!

So I've been trying to redesign the Bugzilla bug entry / query forms to
be a bit easier to use. I've got some ideas and some profanity-laden
rants about the current pages on bugzilla.redhat.com, so I figured I'd
try to do a mockup of what the page should look like.

Unfortunately it turns out that I'm horrible at web design stuff.
Nevertheless, here's what I hacked together so far:

Original:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20Core
My crappy new mockup:
http://homepage.mac.com/wgwoods/fedora/bugzilla/enter.html

A couple things to note:

0) The original page is generated from a template - I can get that
template if anyone needs to see it.
1) There's some comments in the HTML about hidden fields etc.
2) the "Link to External Bugzilla" / "Attach a File" boxes should be
un-hidden if the link is clicked
3) I'd like to have a box on the right side of the "Description" field
that can be populated with special instructions for the given component
4) A little backend work needs to be done to be able to fetch the full
component list and such, but that won't be a big deal.

I know this page is poorly designed, but it's a start. I'd love to hear
any suggestions or comments.

-w