Website update

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 15 02:04:54 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Avoiding black space is good but your content looks cramped and is not
> as readable as Duffy's version. Screenshots for comparison at
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/test?action=AttachFile
Hmm..  Strange, I didn't notice such a discrepancy in my browser
(actually, checking with Firefox here, my versions have always had
larger font sizes than the original).

I've increased the font size now, which should also enlarge some
spacing/improve readability (yay relative units).  As for the space
between the sidebar and content, I was forced to move those really close
to get Safari/1024x786 to display properly.  Actually, as it stands now,
there is absolutely no way for the fc6 and screenshot banners to display
nicely on 800x600 (just the images sum up to 893px).  I mentioned this
issue in my previous mail, so I'll probably wait for advice on that to
change spacing, etc.

Just curious: Do you have an very large screen, or is there some browser
problem that I'm not accounting for?  With my previous version, it the
font sizes were already obviously larger than the original (and now,
it's even more apparent).

Thanks for your comments (and looking forward to more suggestions),
Ricky