Banner for F7 Home Page

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Thu May 31 01:51:47 UTC 2007

Diego Búrigo Zacarão wrote:

>     Perhaps we can have a rotating banner?  New community-produced banner
>     every week or month?
>

> The idea sounds great for me.
> I like when Google changes your logo in special dates.

+1!!!

We could have a release-specific one when a release is newly out and
when we're in-between releases maybe pick interesting Fedora-related
events like FUDcons and Summer of Code and such, and when its not so
busy little ads to recruit folks for specific Fedora teams/SIGs.

This could operate similar to how gnome.org's frontpage banner works -
someone on the GNOME marketing team will have an idea to publicize a
specific event using a front page banner, and then volunteers from the
GNOME art community will submit designs and work with each other to
produce the final artwork.

I think it's a great idea.

~m