Re: static page for F7 release, new directions

Karsten Wade wrote:
Updated version of this initial mock-up at:

http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora/websites/images/main-page-redesign-0.1.1-black-text.png
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora/websites/images/main-page-redesign-0.1.1.xcf

* New footer disclaimer text.
* More black text (save <h1> and <hr>)

Be fully aware -- Máirín has another CSS in her pocket, I just didn't
have it to work from.  This is one reason the XCF (GIMP) source file is
available; it's in layers to make it easy to wrap it in a new style.
So, what we are doing right now is getting some stuff out of the way
that we don't want, and narrowing our requirements for the next
iteration.

So I had a couple of ideas...

I kind of like the template set up by the new 404 page:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51268047/

I don't know if I'm as happy with the moin template I hacked up a few weeks back:
http://wiki.linuxgrrl.com/

This is something I came up with kind of doodling based off of the 404 page design but I'm not crazy about it:
http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/static-page-design.png

Maybe a better iteration:
http://people.redhat.com/duffy/fedora/web/static-page-design.2.png

Navbar really needs work, but... :) it's closer to the 404 page design with the line along the top of the page.

Any thoughts on any of these options? I need to start hacking on the plone css...

Does the explanation of Fedora on the page seem good?

I'm not sure how to expand the - I'm a computer user, I'm a developer, why is Fedora for me part. Did you have ideas for that, Karsten?

~m