KISS on fp.org

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Nov 6 01:27:36 UTC 2007

On 11/6/07, Max Spevack <max at spevack.org> wrote:
> So this email is admittedly very late to the game.  I apologize for
> that, and I consider it my fault for not handling this much sooner.
> Nothing to be done about that now, but what I am about to propose is
> actually not a whole lot of work for the right person.

The good news (as Mike already mentioned) is that we've already worked
on a re-work of the page, which in fact is already localized to many
languages. Having the static pages translated is another thing we
should have in mind if we don't want to lose users.

> We need to make it AMAZINGLY EASY for the 90% of the users who are going
> to show up at fedoraproject.org on release day looking for the x86 Live
> CD or the x86 Installable DVD.
>
> I think it would be in our best interests to have 2 prominent links on
> the FRONT PAGE -- something like the current countdown to Werewolf box.

Here's a quick image based on the countdown box:

  http://glezos.fedorapeople.org/f8/f8banner.png

-d