Big download button

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 9 14:15:04 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:29:58 +0530
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> Can someone put up a really big download button on the front page
>> that says "Download Fedora 8"  or something like that?  I think the
>> download link should be less obvious than it should be.
>
> I assume you mean that the download link should be more obvious than it
> is?

Yes. "Get Fedora" doesn't seem to map to downloading it esp for those
who don't understand English well. They are just looking for a download
link having seen that in other software sites.

> The problem with a single button is that it's not appropriate to point
> them at a single target.  Perhaps you want a bigger button that takes
> you to the get-fedora page?

Precisely. A big prominent banner that takes you to the get-fedora page
would be good. Also I would appreciate if the what's new link is to the
release summary instead of the release notes.

Rahul