links. No more i386?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 15 02:51:55 UTC 2007

russel.lopez at insightbb.com wrote:
> http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora
> i386 links refer to files that are actually i686 instead.  Is that an
> error or is Fedora gone from 386 platforms?

We haven't supported 386 by itself in a long time. The minimum you need
is a 586 and the Live images don't have a 586 kernel so the minimum
there is i686. Either we need to mark the Live images as i686 and
regular images as i586 (which is kind of incorrect because it would
support) or better mark them both as x86 and leave it at that.

It would also be useful if had a small note on what x86 or x86_64 means
like it was in one of the earlier proposals. Can someone fix these?

Rahul