Fedora Store Website

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Nov 18 20:47:25 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 01:18 +0400, Laith Juwaidah wrote:
> On Sunday 18 November 2007 01:09:02 Ricky Zhou wrote:
> >
> > Wouldn't this depend on what merchandise distributor we're going with?

> Humm... I thought we're gonna do the dirty work ourselves :(

When I heard the idea originally, the picture I had in my mind was a
portal in front of >1 merchandise distributors.

One of the problems we experience globally is where the cost of shipping
by a merchandise supplier is more than the cost of the items shipped.
Sometimes tariffs and fees are added, depending on where shipping
from/to.

So, the idea of >1 distributor is to allow:

* Ambassadors to source better solutions and make them easily available
to the rest of Fedora
* Usage of web tools to create one's own Fedora stuff outside of
pre-packaged offerings
* Potential for enterprising Ambassadors and others to create locally
sourced materials (cf. Free Media)

But I could be entirely wrong, this is just what came to mind when Max
brought it up last week.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.