Re: 2-clicks-to-LiveCD no longer blocking on mirrormanager

Ricky Zhou wrote:
On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 02:02:30PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
Matt Domsch wrote:
I know Ricky (IIRC) made a pass at this.  Any chance such could be
made live for Fedora 7 now, and then updated for Fedora 8 in a few
weeks?  Like Mike, I feel that the lack of a one-click download on the
front page has cut into our download numbers significantly.
I'll leave this call up to ricky but what we have in the git repo right now is very close to ready, Ricky what do you think?
I think the script should pretty much be ready now, and I should have
the syncStatic.sh and Apache config changes ready to checkin to puppet
CVS.
As for the download links, ivazquez has been working on an updated
get-fedora page with direct links to torrent.fp.o - how do think we can
nicely incorporate direct download links there as well?

I think I referred to some of the other websites which do this before but see

http://software.opensuse.org/
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

If you get to the front page you would see prominent banners instead of just a download link which would lead you to a set of choices that can be the following

Which spin? - Officially spins explained in this page. Other community spins explained in http://spins.fedoraproject.org

Arch? (x86 by default)
Type of installation? (CD/DVD/Network with Live CD's by default)
Location? (no default)

Rahul