2-clicks-to-LiveCD no longer blocking on mirrormanager

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 20 19:13:55 UTC 2007

Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 02:02:30PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
>> Matt Domsch wrote:
>>> I know Ricky (IIRC) made a pass at this.  Any chance such could be
>>> made live for Fedora 7 now, and then updated for Fedora 8 in a few
>>> weeks?  Like Mike, I feel that the lack of a one-click download on the
>>> front page has cut into our download numbers significantly.
>>>
>> I'll leave this call up to ricky but what we have in the git repo right
>> now is very close to ready, Ricky what do you think?
> I think the script should pretty much be ready now, and I should have
> the syncStatic.sh and Apache config changes ready to checkin to puppet
> CVS.
>
> As for the download links, ivazquez has been working on an updated
> get-fedora page with direct links to torrent.fp.o - how do think we can
> nicely incorporate direct download links there as well?

I think I referred to some of the other websites which do this before
but see

http://software.opensuse.org/
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

If you get to the front page you would see prominent banners instead of
just a download link which would lead you to a set of choices that can
be the following

Which spin? - Officially spins explained in this page. Other community
spins explained in http://spins.fedoraproject.org

Arch? (x86 by default)
Type of installation? (CD/DVD/Network with Live CD's by default)
Location? (no default)

Rahul