Re: start.fp.o also known as 'donning my asbestos longjohns

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 20:17 +0000, seth vidal wrote:
> So, no one else had taken a stab at it so I did b/c, well, I'm a moron.
>
> http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/start/
>
> If I don't get anything better I'll put this in place so at least our
> page doesn't say 'this is a mockup'.

Much better than saying "this is a mockery".

I like what you did, in terms of information elements (links).

I'm not so hot on the colored boxes.  Maybe the icons aren't needed,
either.  Just have links like?

  Fedora Release Notes | Join Fedora | Fedora Docs | Speak with Fedora

I want to see the search box centered, even on a 900px wide screen, but
I guess the left column is just a bit too wide for that.  So, whatever.

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to having Google mentioned on the
page?

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.