Re: Get Fedora

Mike McGrath wrote:
I've put two mockups together, one has some additions to our current page and the other is a re-envisioning by ivazquez. Both have the click re-directs enabled in them. Which do you prefer?

1) http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/1/get-fedora

2) http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/2/get-fedora

We need to pick which one ASAP so the translators don't duplicate more effort. Feel free to make suggestions / post your own but I'd like to pick the one we'll ship by Wed, sound good to everyone else?

I think the second one is better. It explains what x86 etc means but I think it can be improved.

We should probably show Live media as the first choice in the list and mention that we recommend it for the desktop users and that it can be installed to a hard disk.

If I wanted to download a CD image as opposed to a DVD image, the page doesn't make it obvious. Live image for x86_64 is DVD size as opposed to the x86 version which is CD size. I wouldn't able to get that information easily from the download page now.

We should explain what a torrent is.

The network installation option is not explained in this page as opposed the first one.

We should also note that the Free Media program is a volunteer one and encourage people to participate.

* Why does the install DVD have a mirror list choice but not the Live media?

* Have we decided which spins go to torrent.fedoraproject.org vs what goes into spins page? What's the difference between them? Where is that explained in a way end users reaching the page would understand it?

* Mo had a few mockups that made the spins page better than just a listing of torrent files. We should look into that. What's the status on the games spin?

Rahul