New user, completely astounded at how impossible Fedora is to use.
Please, please, pass this on to someone who can fix this thing. Because
I like Fedora, but it's killing me.|
Is anybody in charge here? ( I know, the answer is both yes& no.
But ultimately someone somewhere must have a significant clue )
The following is a list of woes suffered since trying to use Fedora:
- Computer running at full speed for most of last couple of days
- Download limits exceeded
- Persistent headache
- End of tether reached
- Difficulty communicating with others
- Possible psychotic episodes
It's all to do with finding out what Fedora can & can't do - what
works well, what doesn't. Every time i try something new, like KDE
versus Gnome, I can look forward to several hours of downloading. It
shouldn't be that frustrating. You should be encouraging people to try
new things, not making is a total waste of time. I suppose your
internet connections are faster - ours are like swamps.
Things I want:
Remember - fast & light. Fast & light. Fast and light......
- Ability to quickly try & discard applications
- Not the latest software, just something that works.
- The ability to investigate the potentials and shortcomings of
Linux, preferably on virtual PC or VMware or whatever. I like my XP OS,
mainly because I understand it.
- Quick, fast, light. I don't want/need the latest version. It came
in the box, it should go back in the box, it should come back out of
the box. Requiring that I then download every update is ludicrous. If I
don't like something it costs me hours.
- I made a mistake - let me get back what I had yesterday. When I
thought I'd try xfce desktop it cost me about 16 hours to get back to
something I could use. No joke. What is that thing?
- And frankly the whole process just makes me think maybe Windows
isn't so bad after all. I just happen to be doing a course right now
that thinks Linux servers are a good idea. Maybe they are, but Lin
desktops cause heart attacks.