feed'd front page ready

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 02:44:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Juan Camilo Prada wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 11:34 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > I certainly don't have veto powers over the website or anything like that
> > but I've fought 3 fights already to keep stuff off of the main page.  I
> > missed this one or I would have fought it too.  I say again:
> >
> > There's a reason http://www.google.com/ is king and http://www.yahoo.com/
> > isn't.  If google can exist at the size it is with the simple home page it
> > has and we can't, we've done something wrong.
>
> Im not an authority here but one thing that ive discussed a lot with some other people is
> the lack of information fp.o currently has. I understand the point of not filling every
> possible white space in the site with information, but Im sure many people here agree that
> there are a lot of white spaces that are not being used that, if we use them carefully and esthetically
> we can manage to get a great website with enough information and not too overwhelming for the eye

Lack of information?  Whats missing?  Be extremely specific.  Also let me
know that of the information you find missing, how it will be fulfilled by
linking to planet, devfu and FWM?  Remember, we're not adding content.
Just more things to click on.

I'm almost positive I'm in the minority here but I'm taking a difficult
position of simplicity (as you'll find I almost always will).

	-Mike