feed'd front page ready

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 16:38:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > Mike McGrath wrote:
> >

> > > Thats because the wiki is full of developer content.  There's a few things
> > > in there for the end user.  But I'd wager less then 10% of the 10,000+
> > > uncontroled pages to which no one is accountable is for an end user.  We
> > > linked to the wiki because we figured people were used to drinking the
> > > sand.  In my opinion the wiki shouldn't be linked to directly from there
> > > anyway.
> > >

> > Having spend lots of time on managing wiki content, I wouldn't say trashing it
> > repeatedly as some kind of unwieldy beast is going to help any. If anyone
> > wants to help manage the content better, your contributions are most welcome.
> >

> 10,000 pages?   Can you give me a rough estimate of what those 10,000
> pages are used for?

Also the 4,000+ attachments.  Can you let me know what those are for?  If
you detect anger in my voice its because I now have to figure out how to
migrate all of that stuff and with the exception of a few people I've had
almost no help in doing it.

I trash the wiki because it wakes me up at night (literally).  I trash the
wiki because I can never find anything I'm looking for on it.  I trash the wiki
because even now as we migrate it to a new platform I see an immense
amount of just "Stuff" thats not categorized and to which no one is
responsible.

	-Mike