[Fwd: Change Freeze (IMPORTANT)]

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 9 02:45:14 UTC 2008

On 2008-04-06 09:43:41 AM, Craig Thomas wrote:
> I know we have a 'how to verify your download' page which was
> requested a lot after F8 launch.
>
> I recall awaiting translations prior to linking it to the get-fedora
> page.  But I feel we post what we have translation wise, with maybe
> some sort of note in the requested $LANG 'Not in your $LANG, help
> translate ...' and link to the right spot, which I am guessing is
> somewhere in transifex, but I am not sure. We could use google
> translate or similar to translate our $not_your_lang_phrase into all
> the target $LANGS, I would think. Our policy has been to wait to post
> new content until it has been translated.
Definitely agree.  I still haven't figured out how to show a special
message if a page isn't translated, I think we've waited long enough for
certain pages to get caught up.

Here are two that come to mind:
 * http://fedoraproject.org/keys
 * http://fedoraproject.org/verify

Particularly for the verify link, where on the get-fedora page do you
think we should place the link?  Perhaps a note near the top (similar to
the Beta link?)

Thanks,
Ricky