Installing programs, and dependencies

Richard Forkner rforkner1 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 23:56:57 UTC 2008

Dear sir,

   First off I really like the look and feel of fc8.
   I'm haveing some problems trying to get any RPM's to load.
   My computer is 1.8 GHz processor with 512 Mb RAM.
   One example is I tried to load gdkxft and it came back with dependency error and wouldn't load.
   The dependency was it needed libXft.so.1 and so I searched file system for libXft* and it came back with that I had libXft.so.2. Why is it that I can't load any programs with fc8 other than what comes with the package?

   Also I can't access or use my modem with fc8. I can't get anything to load and I'm havinga problem trying to get source code packages to build of the programs and or drivers..

   Some help here would be good

Thank you.

Richard Forkner.