one CMS

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 23:01:35 UTC 2008

I'm ready, let's do this.

We need one CMS solution (for sanity sake), although >1 install might be
OK(?), to cover:

* fedoraproject.org
* docs.fedoraproject.org

We need to move some content from the wiki (Licensing/*, Legal/*,
Packaging*) to the CMS.

Why a CMS?  Read this:

http://iquaid.org/2008/08/13/why-and-where-fedora-needs-a-cms-solution/

Getting a CMS is a solution to a blocker for upgrading MediaWiki.  The
code we use for MW ACLs is not supported in the latest release, and our
version is going out of security update support.  By moving all content
out of the wiki that needs ACLs, we don't have to have that code and
upgrading is made possible.  That also gets us to where we can use
Nigel's localization setup.

Reportedly we'll get a speed improvement on the wiki without the HNP
code.  So sayeth Nigel.  See #fedora-admin for details.

CMS must haves
--------------
* Good security record
* Proactive security mindedness of developer community
* Flexible enough auth system to attach to FAS
* RSS
* ...

CMS should haves
* OpenID