pki.fp.o

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 19:43:09 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 16:16 +1200, Nigel Jones wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 21:12 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 01:08 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Looks like this web page hasn't been updated ever since the launch and
> > > doesn't match the look and feel of the rest of the Fedora website.
> > > Someone might want to apply the standard css to it or redirect the whole
> > > thing to something like fp.o/wiki/pki.
> >
> > That looks more to me like an upstream project that is using Fedora
> > resources.  It's akin to a Trac instance on fedorahosted.org, where one
> > should be able to use a custom CSS.  Another comparison are the sites on
> > et.redhat.com and sourceware.org.
> >
> > Just how it looks to me, anyway.
>
> In fact, thats exactly how it's setup, it goes to the Red Hat server,
> not a Fedora server, we have zero control over it.

Then I'll ask the obvious question:  why is this on a fedoraproject.org
domain?

This is connects to other questions about fedorahosted.org:

* Are projects on fh.org full upstreams that should have control over
their own style?
** sf.net, for example, has a hosted tools area that is all one UI, and
a web hosting area that can be individually branded
** you see this on et.redhat.com, sources.redhat.com/sourceware.org

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41