adblock and our promo ads

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 19:30:30 UTC 2008

resending since it didn't get through the first time... if the original
message is stuck in moderation, feel free to discard it.

-----

Hi there websites list:

The Adblock Plus extension for Firefox, with the "EasyList (USA)"
subscription is blocking the promos that we run on fedoraproject.org and
start.fedoraproject.org

The following filter is the one that is being triggered, on both
start.fp.o and fp.o

/banners/*.gif$~background

Perhaps we should consider tweaking the path of those promos so that
Adblock doesn't hit them.

They aren't ads, after all.  They are legitimate links to Fedora-related
news and downloads.

--Max