webmaster forwarding changes

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 10 04:04:17 UTC 2008

On 2008-01-09 09:49:44 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> I've been doing a little research on the headers that get through to
> mailman and it seems we can do some spam filtering.  The question is what
> should the action be when webmaster at fedoraproject.org encounters spam.
> Should we just reject it, drop it, or hold it?
Holding is probably the safest, to avoid false positives.

By the way, we discussed a bit, and we're back to having webmaster go
directly to the mailing list, with moderation for non-member posts.
With this happening, I think we should be pretty on top of mailing list
spam.  It sounds like the spam headers could be handy for filtering
occasional spam from list members, though (which I've seen happen).

Thanks a lot for looking into this,
Ricky