Join Page Refresh

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 23 07:36:05 UTC 2008

2008/7/23 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 22:41 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I said in last night's meeting that I'd start work on a draft of
>> content to go on the join page, to clarify the process and make it
>> more useful. This is what I have so far, but is it too wordy? (Lol, of
>> course this is entirely text, but is it too long!)
> [...snip...]
>
> What is the purpose of this page?  What should the user be doing on this
> page?

To me, the purpose of this page is to explain the process of how one
becomes an active Fedora contributor.

As it is now, it provides very little information beyond signing up
for an account and a link to a wiki page with very little information
about each role and the associated teams. To become an active
contributor I think one needs to know at least a little bit more than
what's currently there.

Best,

Jon