Meeting reminder -- June 9 @ 22:00 UTC

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 15:28:43 UTC 2008

Max Spevack wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We had a good conversation last week, especially around the future of
> get-fedora and beginning to get an idea of how spins.fp.o will function,
> from both a front-end and a back-end point of view.
>
> I think a lot of those conversations will continue at FUDCon, if not
> before.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Tasks
>
> I'd like to try to use tomorrow's meeting to go over some of the other
> tasks, especially the ideas around a team working on common look and
> feel, and also on any infrastructure-related topics that the websites
> team needs to discuss.

Hitting both of these topics, there's a need for common look and feel
for all of the TurboGears applications deployed in infrastructure.
Bodhi, PackageDB, transifex, fas2, the new elections app, etc would be
helped by this.  Having a common CSS model (hopefully shared with the
other websites) would be especially nice:

ie:

* header
   + banner
   + login
   + top navigation
* sidebar
   + navigation menu
   + locale changer

* content
   + title
   + "normal tables"
   + [...]

* login page

* footer
   + disclaimer
   + copyright
   + version

Filling in the content in a proper manner is probably the most important
part and also the part that I'm least clear on :-/. If anyone has
experience designing a conceptual CSS model for use across web
sites/applications that would be extremely helpful.

-Toshio