RHM widget on fedoraproject.org

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Mar 4 04:10:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 09:41 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 20:12 -0500, Jessica Gerber wrote:
> > Hi Jess,
> >
> > For something like this, you would want to work with the Websites group.
> > I'm going to Cc: the fedora-websites-list so someone there can get in
> > touch with you.  Obviously there's a huge crossover audience between
> > Fedora and DevFu/RHM/TH, and the actual mechanics of making the banner
> > work, I recall, are pretty trivial.
>
> The mockup is available at:
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PaulWFrields/Drafts

I'm calling should vs could on this, we could do it but shouldn't.  It's a
slippery slope and one that I'm always worried about because our website
doesn't really have a vision, but lots of different visions.  Lots is
good, but it'll look bad quickly.

/me notes:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2038/2304064020_11310fdfe3_b.jpg

and

http://www.debian.com/

We have a banner system already, I say lets use it.

	-Mike