CLA process

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 14:09:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 10:02 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 10:05 +0100, Paulo Santos wrote:
>
> > Regarding the process we had, it was mainly a patch that Moin upstream
> > had against Moin-1.6, the thing is that we (Infrastructure Team) is
> > looking into migrating from Moin to Mediawiki. I'm currently not aware
> > of the timelines, but unless someone codes something similar to Moin
> > 1.5.x we wont go anywhere with this.
>
> Sorry, I thought we had upgrade our Moin Moin instance to 1.6.  If we
> are still running 1.5.x without an available patch, then it's likely
> we'll be done with a MediaWiki changeover before having the patch (?).
>
> If we do have the patch available (or easily ported), that's what I
> recommend -- we do a short-term solution to get a click-through CLA so
> people can sign-up and begin editing the wiki without requiring another
> three humans to intervene first.

I think most of the focus right now is on getting MediaWiki up to speed.
Mike and Ricky told me that MW is going to be much easier to hook to
FAS2.  If we have a clear owner for fixing Moin in the meantime that
doesn't impact the MW work, it's probably worthwhile.  If it's not there
already, learn from my goof and file a ticket! ;-)