misc tickets and some general questions for all

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 28 02:52:20 UTC 2008

On 2008-03-27 10:15:48 PM, Craig Thomas wrote:
> Seemingly crufty items first:
>
> #'s : 181, 206 and perhaps 55
181: download.fedora.redhat.com apache index CSS is outdated
206: uie (it's about the docs.fp.o theme)
55: Common Look and Feel
I think these should still be addressed - It's just a matter of having
the time to do it. if anybody's interested, feel free to pick these
tasks up :)

> ( A couple of others that I noticed, but are not explicitly webmaster
> are: 114 and 221 )
114: Better account system support for "trivial" accounts
221: awstats cannot be displayed
I'm not sure about the current need for trivial accounts in FAS, but I'm
pretty sure that 221 is still an issue.

> 467 - are we planning on changing the get-fedora page for the release
> of f9 ? if so, do we think we should put live media first? is that
> _our_ decision to make?
It can't hurt to start a discussion about it :)  When I have a chance,
I'll take a look at the logs for download.fedoraproject.org - if live
media is more commonly downloaded, then I think it's a pretty easy
choice.  Otherwise, we'll want to look deeper into the target audience
of that page.

> which ties into # 411 ? what are we doing for the F9 release?  am I
> missing something on the wiki or in the tickets ?
So far, I think this is just a tracking ticket for the F9 release (as
described at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/SOP/Release)

> and 357, RSS feeds on the home page (very cool) .  Is the code
> mentioned in the ticket already in the git repo and I am not seeing
> it?
Adding that (and an example page) in a few minutes.  This is something
that I'd like to have on the F9 site.

> I am not certain, but I suspect we have more 'webistes' work than the
> trac tickets on hosted.fp.o ?
Yeah, definitely - sorry that I haven't been more active on this front -
I've been caught up with FAS work for the past while.  Right now, the
biggest challenge for me is thinking of how to support l10n in a way
that will scale well.  Once we start adding pages, etc., we'll need
ways to handle untranslated content, etc.

Thanks for bringing these up,
Ricky