Today's Meeting: 2300 UTC 8th May

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri May 9 05:45:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 10:37 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:

> THE CONTENT GROUP
> =================
> This is the group of people whose interest and expertise is in the
> actual content of our websites.

I'd like to volunteer to help lead this sub-set of Websites.  It seems
like a good transition from Docs lead, to work on setting the direction
for content across fedora*.org.  It's been obvious for a while that Docs
cannot grow in itself to cover all content possibilities.

At the same time, I'd like to invent a new role, "Wiki Gardener."  As we
open the wiki to wider contributions, we'll need someone to tend, grow,
weed, and compost.  Set some techniques and teach them to other
gardeners to work more closely in subject areas.  An existing role model
I'd reference is the Features/ namespace and how well organized and
useful that is because John Poelstra tends his garden well.

One good suggestion I got today is to have weekly wiki gardening
meetings/times, drop-in sessions to make sure at least minimal tending
is happening regularly.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41