Introduction: Basil Mohamed Gohar

Hello Fedora Web team!

My name is Basil Mohamed Gohar, and I am interested in helping out the Fedora Project by contributing some of skills relating to web development & server administration.

As for my relevant background, I have been developing PHP & MySQL web applications since 2000 (so for more than 7 years).  I've developed several web sites from scratch, as well as worked on modifications (usually for a private company) of several free software apps, such as Moodle & WordPress.  I also lease & administer two GNU/Linux servers hosted in a data center in Dallas with ThePlanet, on which I host myriad web site, mostly mine, but also those of a few friends and projects with which I am associated.  I have maintained these servers for nearly four years.  One of them, in fact, is a mirror for the Fedora Unity Re-Spin project.  Incidentally, I am experienced with the Apache HTTPd web server, including working extensively with mod_rewrite.

As an avid user of Fedora, I hope that I can contribute these skills for the benefit of the Fedora Project.  While I realize that I'll probably be joining a group far more skilled than myself, I also feel that this would be a great opportunity for me to grow my skills.

You can see a bit more of my tastes & interests by checking-out my blog: http://www.basilgohar.com/blog/

So, with all of this, I hope someone from the Website team would be willing to sponsor me to join the project!  I am really looking forward to this opportunity.  Please do let me know if there are any other steps I need to take before requesting a sponsor.

--Basil