Introduction: Basil Mohamed Gohar

Juan Camilo Prada juankprada at gmail.com
Mon May 26 04:42:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 00:20 -0400, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> Hello Fedora Web team!
>
> My name is Basil Mohamed Gohar, and I am interested in helping out the
> Fedora Project by contributing some of skills relating to web
> development & server administration.
>
> As for my relevant background, I have been developing PHP & MySQL web
> applications since 2000 (so for more than 7 years).  I've developed
> several web sites from scratch, as well as worked on modifications
> (usually for a private company) of several free software apps, such as
> Moodle & WordPress.  I also lease & administer two GNU/Linux servers
> hosted in a data center in Dallas with ThePlanet, on which I host
> myriad web site, mostly mine, but also those of a few friends and
> projects with which I am associated.  I have maintained these servers
> for nearly four years.  One of them, in fact, is a mirror for the
> Fedora Unity Re-Spin project.  Incidentally, I am experienced with the
> Apache HTTPd web server, including working extensively with
> mod_rewrite.
>
> As an avid user of Fedora, I hope that I can contribute these skills
> for the benefit of the Fedora Project.  While I realize that I'll
> probably be joining a group far more skilled than myself, I also feel
> that this would be a great opportunity for me to grow my skills.
>
> You can see a bit more of my tastes & interests by checking-out my
> blog: http://www.basilgohar.com/blog/
>
> So, with all of this, I hope someone from the Website team would be
> willing to sponsor me to join the project!  I am really looking
> forward to this opportunity.  Please do let me know if there are any
> other steps I need to take before requesting a sponsor.
>
> --Basil

Welcome to the team :) we are always happy to have new people involved.
I cant be a sponsor but i can certainly tell you on what we are focusing
right now. First is the wiki migration which is scheduled for this
coming week and pretty much everything is done, although you could help
by checking the content in the new wiki is right.

The other thing we are trying to work on is on making some improvements
to the current fedoraproject.org website and related sites/domains. I
suggest you stick to the discussions here on the ml and attend the
weekly meetings (next one will be Monday 20th at 2000 UTC i think) also
any suggestion you think would help us, please make sure you post it to
the ml or bring it up on the meeting.

So this would give you a starting point and an idea on where we are
heading.

Again welcome to the team :)

--
Juan Camilo Prada <jprada at fedoraproject.org>