[Fwd: Re: Actual question]

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Wed May 28 22:19:47 UTC 2008

Yeah, we're definitely doing it wrong.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet at gmail.com>
To: Brian Douglas <Brian.Douglas at hesperia.org>
Subject: Re: Actual question
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 18:05:12 -0400

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 13:33 -0700, Brian Douglas wrote:
> I am new to the linux os and I would like to install fedora 9 on a
> back up computer to test it out.  However, when I go to the site to
> download I have no idea which one I should download.  There are three
> main categories, and more choices within those.  Could you answer my
> question?

I can help you with your issue, but in the future all end-user questions
should be directed to one of the resources listed at the following:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate

The two forms of Live Media can be booted from a disc (CD, DVD, or USB
key) in order to try Fedora before installing. The "Fedora Desktop Live
Media" uses the default desktop environment in Fedora, and the "Fedora
KDE Live Media" uses an alternate desktop. Both can be installed. The
selection of software at install time is fixed, but more can be added
after installation.

The Install Media does not give you the opportunity to test Fedora
before installing, however the software selection is larger and can be
customized before installation.

Most personal computers will use either the i386 install media or the
i686 live media.

Also note that all links in the main sections are for our latest
release, Fedora 9. Older releases are accessible at the links in the
"Let me look around..." section.