[Fwd: Re: Actual question]

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Wed May 28 23:04:56 UTC 2008

Let me make a more beneficial response...:-D

A solution to this particular issue, or perhaps, all general issues like
this (geek vs. non-geek audiences) is to make it easy for someone to get
what 80% of people looking for it want.  So, for example, a nice big
button that set "Download Fedora", and it downloads, say, the i386 DVD
install.  Below that, we have the link for everyone else, which may,
initially be the majority, but over time, the big "one-click" audience
will grow as we are appealing to them, while the mode advanced crew will
hardly feel rebuffed by having to click on the "More options"
link...which could just be a Javascript-hidden/revealed link for the
rest of the download options, including torrents and jigdo.

Is this something that's already in the works, or counter to something
wiser?  Just some random thoughts.

--Basil